Transportation Resources / Mobility Access Program (MAP)
- Connecting Job Seekers and Employers
- Anne Arundel Workforce Development Corporation (AAWDC) is committed to reducing the transportation barrier to employment that negatively impacts both job seekers and employers. AAWDC offers a wide range of transportation resources and solutions to both employers and job seekers in northern Anne Arundel County through its Mobility Access Program (MAP), funded by a Job Access and Reverse Commute (JARC) grant from the Maryland Transit Administration (MTA).
- Business Services
- Our Transportation Navigator, in collaboration with our Business Services Team, works with businesses located in Anne Arundel County to provide the recruitment and transportation resources needed to acquire and maintain a reliable workforce.
- Commuter Choice Tax Credits
- Transportation Needs Analysis
- Guaranteed Ride Home Program
- Applicant Pre-screening
- Transportation Presentations to Employees
- Focus areas: BWI Airport and surrounding businesses, Arundel Mills business sector, Fort Smallwood Rd manufacturing and distribution centers
- Job Seeker Services
- We are here to help individuals navigate the available transportation system and find solutions when transportation gaps or challenges arise. Our Transportation Navigator works directly with job seekers to secure the transportation tools they need to ensure reliable workforce mobility.
- Individual Transportation Planning
- Travel Training Workshops
- Centralized Transportation Resources
- Alternative Mobility Options
- Reduced Fare Travel Options
- Focus areas: Glen Burnie, Pasadena, and Severn
- Public Transportation
- Anne Arundel County's current public transportation system includes routes managed by MTA and by Central Maryland Regional Transit (CMRT).
- MTA Route 14: Annapolis to Patapsco Light Rail Stop
- MTA Route 17: Arundel Mills/Parkway Center to Patapsco Light Rail Stop
- MTA Light Rail: Hunt Valley to BWI Airport/Cromwell Station
- Connect-a-Ride J Route: Laurel Mall to Freetown Village
- Connect-a-Ride K Route: Arundel Mills to Odenton MARC Station
For more information, contact: Sid Wilson at 443-603-4415 or firstname.lastname@example.org