To help our communities begin a path to recovery after the impact of COVID-19, AAWDC in partnership with Anne Arundel County has established the Humanitarian Relief Fund. Financial support will be provided to residents were making $25/hour or less before COVID-19 and had their wages reduced as a result of COVID-19.
Applications close December 18th at 11:59 pm.
How to Apply?
Step 1: Click the appropriate link above to access the application
Step 2: Complete the short application
Step 3: Upload the required documentation
Step 4: AAWDC staff will follow up with you by email or phone
Who is eligible?
- Anne Arundel County residents
- Were making $25/hour or less before COVID-19, and
- Had their wages (including tips) reduced as a result of COVID-19
What is considered reduced wages?
Reduced wages could be:
- Temporarily or permanently laid off or furloughed without pay due to COVID-19
- Decreased hours resulting in less income
- Decreased tips or other wages as a result of less customers at your place of employment
What is the financial support?
Each resident who qualifies will receive a one-time $500 Visa® Gift Card.
How long does the process take?
Due to an increase in applications, the review process is taking longer than usual. Please be patient with us, our staff are reviewing applications as quickly as possible. If you are eligible you will receive a card as long as your application is received before December 18th. A member of our team will be contacting you so please check your email regularly.
How will residents get the Visa Gift Card after they have been approved?
AAWDC staff will contact residents once their application is approved to schedule them to pick up their card at a scheduled pop up distribution site around the county.
What documentation is required?
Three to four pieces of documentation are required to apply. If you do not have required documentation a telephone interview will be necessary to confirm eligibility and an AAWDC representative will call you after you submit your application. The documentation required includes:
- Proof of residency - copy of your drivers license, postmarked mail addressed to you, or voter registration card
- Document of layoff/termination - a letter or email from your employer that states you were laid off/terminated and your last day of employment
- Hourly wage - your last paystub from your employer or a letter from your employer on company letter head stating your wage.
These Visa Gift Cards maybe considered income and may be taxable. Check with your tax advisor if you have any question or concerns. AAWDC must comply with all tax laws and regulations. The GiftCards.com Visa Gift Card is issued by MetaBank®, N.A., Member FDIC, pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A. Inc. The Visa Gift Card can be used everywhere Visa debit cards are accepted in the US. No cash access or recurring payments. Card valid for up to 84 months, funds do not expire and may be available after card expiration date, fees may apply. Card terms and conditions apply.