To help our communities begin a path to recovery, AAWDC in partnership with Anne Arundel County has established the Excluded Worker Humanitarian Relief Fund. Financial support will be provided to unemployed residents who lost their job in 2020, were making $25/hour or less, and have not received unemployment insurance benefits.
How to Apply?
Step 1: Click the appropriate link above to access the application
Step 2: Completed the short application
Step 3: Upload the required documentation
Step 4: AAWDC staff will follow up with you by email or phone
Who is eligible?
Unemployed Anne Arundel County residents who lost their job in 2020, were making $25/hour or less before being laid off, and are not currently receiving unemployment insurance benefits .
What is considered not receiving unemployment insurance benefits?
You are not currently receiving unemployment insurance benefits if:
- your unemployment insurance application is still pending
- you have not received your first unemployment insurance payment
- you were considered ineligible for unemployment insurance
- you have not applied for unemployment insurance
- you have exhausted your unemployment insurance benefits
What is the financial support?
Each resident who qualifies will receive a $500 Visa® Gift Card.
How long does the process take?
Applicants will be notified of the final decision withing five day of AAWDC receiving a completed application. An application is considered completed when all documentation has been submitted and/or all interviews have been completed if needed.
How will residents get the Visa Gift Card after they have been approved?
AAWDC staff will contact residents once their application is approved to schedule them to pick up their card at a schedule pop up distribution site around the county.
What documentation is required?
Three pieces of documentation are required to apply. If you do not have required documentation a telephone interview will be necessary to confirm eligibility and an AAWDC representative will call you after you submit your application. The documentation required includes:
- Proof of residency - copy of your drivers license, postmarked mail addressed to you, or voter registration card
- Document of layoff/termination - a letter or email from your employer that states you were laid off/terminated and your last day of employment
- Hourly wage - your last paystub from your employer or a letter from your employer on company letter head stating your wage.
These Visa Gift Cards maybe considered income and may be taxable. Check with your tax advisor if you have any question or concerns. AAWDC must comply with all tax laws and regulations. The GiftCards.com Visa Gift Card is issued by MetaBank®, N.A., Member FDIC, pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A. Inc. The Visa Gift Card can be used everywhere Visa debit cards are accepted in the US. No cash access or recurring payments. Card valid for up to 84 months, funds do not expire and may be available after card expiration date, fees may apply. Card terms and conditions apply.