AAWDC works closely with the Department of Rehabilitation Services (DORS) in the Anne Arundel County Career Centers to assist individuals with disabilities in finding and retaining employment. Additionally, through the Ticket to Work initiative AAWDC is an Employment Network (EN) through which we provide employment services, vocational rehabilitation services, and other types of support services to Social Security disability beneficiaries including Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) and/or Supplemental Security Income (SSI). Services include:
- Support, incentives, and safeguards including protecting a person’s medical benefits
- Promote and support individuals to reach the goal of long-term self-sufficiency through
- Case management
- Job readiness skills training and workshops
- Occupational skills training and certification
- Job search and job placement assistance
- Resource referrals
- Job accommodation assistance
To learn more, contact email@example.com.
Visit our workshop calendar for dates and information on upcoming workshops to assist with your job search. All workshops are free, but you MUST REGISTER in advance.