The Anne Arundel County Career Center and the AAWDC Community Career Connection Office's are closed to public visitors until further notice. Services are still being offered virtually. Please contact your Career Navigation Specialist or Job Search Specialist for continued service.
Services for Job Seekers
If your employment has been impacted by COVID-19 you may be eligible for unemployment benefits if you meet the monetary criteria and the weekly eligibility criteria
- The Division of Unemployment Insurance’s call has launched an updated process for filing a claim, please review the new process here.
- If you are having difficulty accessing the website or placing a call, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Frequently Asked Questions About Unemployment Insurance Benefits
- For more information about unemployment benefits & COVID-19 please check the frequently asked questions page.
- How to File Weekly Claim Certifications FAQ
- Exemption from the Weekly Work Search Requirement FAQ
Current Employment Opportunities
Career Center/Career Development Services
AAWDC and Career Center services are still here to help you. Services include:
- Remote career coaching
- Connection to benefits and support needed during this difficult time
- Career planning & exploration
- Job search resources
- Check back soon for more webinars and virtual events
- Virtual resume review. Our specialists will provide guidance and suggested edits of your resume within two business days. Submitt your resume here.
Connect with a Career Navigation Specialist and get your employment-related questions answered by filling out this short form.
Check out Career Coach, an interactive career exploration and resume building tool. Take a career assessment to help guide your next career move, explore employment trends in the region, and utilize the helpful resume writer complete with marketable skills descriptions.
If you have questions about services from the Department of Social Services please read their FAQ page here.
Videos & Webinars
Job Search Startegies - Learn how to leverage today's technology for your job search. A successful job search plan may involve doing many activities simultaneously.
Services for Businesses
Our Business & Industry Solutions team is hear to help you navigate this challenging time.
Please fill out this short questionnaire about how COVID-19 is impacting your business and an AAWDC Business Solutions team member will reach out to with resources and services to help.
Resources for businesses
- Maryland's Business Express - includes updates on recent news and statements from Governor Hogan. Additionally, topics include employer and worker assistance, financial assistance, taxes, and licensing and permitting.
- Maryland Department of Labor - provides a list of common questions and answers regarding COVID-19 and unemployment insurance.
- Maryland COVID-19 Emergency Relief Fund Programs for Businesses - Maryland has authorized $130 million in loan and grant funding for small businesses and manufacturers that have been negatively impacted by COVID-19.
- Interpretive Guidance - Guidance from the State of Maryland on businesses, organizations, and facilities that may remain open at this time.
- Employee Rights under the Family First coronavirus Response Act - information about paid sick leave and expanded family and medical leave under the families first coronavirus response act.
If you have any questions or would like assistance from our team please contact email@example.com
Other Resources to Help You During This Difficult
- Additional information about COVID-19 can be found on the Anne Arundel County Department of Health's website here.
- Maryland Heath Connection has opened up a Coronavirus Emergency Special Enrollment Period for all Marylanders who do not currently have health insurance. Learn how to apply here.
- For services from Community Action Agency please call 410-626-1900
- Free meals for children age 2-18 are being provided by AACPS. Find the location list and schedule here.
- COVID-19 Bulletin - additional resources available in the county, this document is updates often when information is available.
- CASH Campaign of Maryland resources to lessen the financial impact of the public health crisis.
- Childcare for essential personnel