This workshop will benefit job seekers starting a career as well as those transitioning to a new career. This workshop is designed to guide the participants through a candid assessment of their aptitudes, interests, and preparation for a cyber career. Participants will be encouraged to realistically assess their goals in terms of their baseline skills and experience, education, personal situation, flexibility, and their strengths, and weaknesses.
Topics that will be covered:
- A survey of relevant technology trends
- Cyber actors and motivations
- Common cyber tools and threats
- Common vulnerabilities
- Basic security safeguards
- Cyber knowledge, and how it is acquired
- The value of experience
- Technical skills and specialization
- Necessary soft skills and other common requirements such as security clearances and professional certifications
613 Global Way
Linthicum Heights, MD 21090
IN THE EVENT OF INCLEMENT WEATHER, WORKSHOPS AND EVENTS WILL FOLLOW ANNE ARUNDEL COUNTY PUBLIC SCHOOLS. IF THE SCHOOLS ARE CLOSED OR DELAYED ALL WORKSHOPS AND EVENTS ARE CANCELLED. PLEASE CALL 410-424-3240 FOR MORE DETAILS.